Enhanced Individualised Funding takes the idea of personalised budgets one step further, by allocating funding so a disabled person can choose to spend it on disability supports that help them achieve their goals rather than have to spend it on a specific service. Enhanced Individualised Funding is currently only available in the Bay of Plenty.
What can Enhanced Individualised Funding be used for?
- Personal Care services that assist you in your daily life, e.g. personal hygiene, mobility, feeding, etc.
- Household Management services which assist you to maintain, organise and control your household/home environment,e.g. cleaning, laundry and meal preparation
- Other goods or services that could be considered disability supports and help you achieve your goals
- Other Ministry of Health funded disability supports
- Disability supports that are fully or partly funded by other government agencies or public organisations, such as ACC, DHBs or Enable NZ
- Anything that a non-disabled person would be expected to provide from their own money such as rent, bills, donations, alcohol and tobacco
- Community and government services, such as health, education, welfare benefits, employment support and Child, Youth and Family services
Can I get Enhanced Individualised Funding?
You will need to talk to your local Needs Assessment and Service Coordination organisation (NASC) to see if EIF is an option for you.
Click here to find a NASC nearest to your location